This Operations Manager reports to the General Manager and is responsible for assisting in the administration, planning, budgeting and direction for the operations of the Center including front and back of house services, technical services, information technology, conversion, custodial services, and equipment inventory control. Insures an effective and cost efficient program by controlling the Operations budget, and performs related day to day responsibilities as required. Coordinates all elements of facility operations including budgeting, purchasing, directs the operation and maintenance of the mechanical, electrical, HVAC, custodial, grounds, sound, lighting, a/v equipment, tele-communications systems, security, smoke/fire detectors and traffic control. Manager will serve as facility safety chairman to maintain a safe and secure facility for the public and employees.
- Assists General Manager in the overall daily operation and maintenance of the facilities.
- Plan, direct, coordinate, and review the work plan for all event changeovers; meet with staff to identify and resolve problems; assign work activities, projects and programs; monitor work flow; review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures.
- Select, train, motivate and evaluate staff; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline and termination procedures.
- Coordinate, and review the work plan for changeover, facility maintenance and operations; meet with staff to identify and resolve problems; assign work activities, projects and programs; monitor work flow; review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures.
- Coordinate labor hours for staff, inmates and temporary workers. Report labor allocations to Director of Finance.
- Participate in the development and administration of the Operations budget; forecast of additional funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; monitor and approve expenditures; implement adjustments as necessary.
- Coordinate facility arrangements and monitor the work of contractors; including equipment rental and borrowing City/County equipment. Report any issues to General Manager immediately.
- Ensure staff is working safely, efficiently and are aware of proper safety guidelines. Conduct monthly safety meeting.
- Order supplies and materials for maintenance programs within budget guidelines; receive and maintain supplies.
- Maintain hazardous materials communication program, material safety data sheets and required records and permits; maintain knowledge of changes in pertinent Federal, State and Local regulations.
- Develop and maintain an accurate record keeping system; including equipment maintenance and inventory logs.
- Experience and working knowledge of tractors, skid steers, arena grooming equipment, grounds keeping equipment, electrical, refrigeration, and plumbing.